West Midlands Painters Domestic, Residential & Commercial
you while using this website, contacting us via phone, email, text or any other possible method.
It also applies if you’re not one of our customers and you interact with us for instance; such as using one
of our products or services paid for by someone else, entering a prize promotion or generally enquiring about
our services. The policy may change from time to time and this document will be updated to reflect the changes.
We advise that you check from time to time to ensure that you are happy with the policy details. Note: regarding
external links; from time to time our website may contain links to other websites to provide information
we believe of use or where you may leave the company feedback. In the event that you proceed to use the links,
we must point out that we have no control over these sites; therefore we cannot be responsible for your
privacy and any information you give when visiting such sites and those sites are not governed by this
This may include your title, first name and surname including maiden name in some circumstances.
This section may include your partners, husbands or any other contact that you may provide us with
jointly or as a point of contact in case of emergency.
This may include property measurements, rooms and layouts including access and egress routes and in some cases fire plans and emergency procedures will be stored. Including services requested, provided and materials proposed or used.
Your communications with us, including emails, letters, webchats and may include phone calls being recorded if required and confirmed prior to the conversation. We’ll also keep records of any settings or communication preferences you choose.
We’ll use your personal information to provide you with services, products and materials. This applies when you register with us, arrange an estimate or quote from us; or buy products, materials or service from us. Or even if you have a general enquiry and contact us providing your details.
This means we’ll:
• record details about the materials, products and services you use, order or enquire about from us
• send you materials, products or service-information messages (we’ll send you messages to provide estimates, quotes, invoices, confirm call outs, commencement dates or to tell you about any changes that might affect your service, like poor weather conditions)
• update you on the progress of the services we provide
• give information to someone else if we need to for the product or service you’ve ordered (such as a subcontracting company like scaffolders); (if we do this, we still control your personal information and we have strict controls in place to make sure it’s properly protected); and
• support you more if you are a vulnerable customer or have a health concern/condition
We use the following to provide products and services and manage your account:
• Your contact details and other information to confirm your identity and your communications with us. This includes your name, address, phone number, email address, unique customer number
• Your payment and financial information.
• Your communications with us, including emails, webchats and phone calls in some instances but this will be confirmed with you prior to any recordings. We’ll also keep records of any settings or communication preferences you choose such as registering and opting in to marketing promotions via email, post, text or phone call.
We use this information to carry out our services and provide materials, products and/or services to you. If you don’t give us the correct information or ask us to delete it, we might not be able to provide you with the materials, products or service you require.
If you tell us you have a disability, health concern/condition or otherwise need support, we’ll note that you are a vulnerable customer, but only if you give your permission or if we have to for legal or regulatory reasons. For example, if you told us about a disability or health concern/condition we need to be aware of when we deliver our services, materials or products to you, we have to record that information so we don’t repeatedly ask you about it or put you in harm’s way and ensure coshh and risk assessments are appropriate. We will also record the details of a Power of Attorney we have been asked to log against your account.
Fresh Start Decorators will only ever use your personal information if we consider it is in our legitimate business interests. Such as so we can operate as an efficient and effective as possible. We use your information to
• Identify, and let you know about, materials, products and services that may interest you if you have opted in to receive such contents
• For internal administrative purposes
• Create aggregated and anonymised information for further use
• detect and prevent fraud; and
• secure and protect our databases
Fresh Start Decorators will use your personal information to send you direct marketing and to better identify materials, products and services that interest you. We do that if you’re one of our customers or if you’ve been in touch with us another way (such as entering a prize promotion or competition) and have opted in to receive such marketing, promotion and news orientated materials. Any person that has opted in to receive such material can opt out at any time as explained in the direct marketing material or by contacting Marketing@FreshStartDecorators.co.uk.
If you opt in this means Fresh Start Decorators:
• create a profile about you to better understand you as a customer and tailor the communications we send you (including our marketing messages);
• tell you about other materials, products and services you might be interested in;
• recommend better ways to manage what you spend with us, like suggesting a more suitable product based on what you use;
• try to identify products and services you’re interested in; and
• the option to send you marketing gifts, greetings and or happy holiday messages in forms of email, cards and the like
We use the following for marketing and to identify the products and services you’re interested in:
• Your contact details. This includes your name, address, phone number and email address
• Your payment and financial information
• Information of services, materials and products we have supplied you and how often.
• Information from other organisations such as aggregated demographic data, data brokers, our subcontractors and publicly available sources like the electoral roll and business directories
• Details of your property structure, design and measurements
We’ll send you information (about the materials, products and services we provide) by phone, post, emails or text message. We also use the information we have about you to personalise these messages wherever we can as we believe it is important to make them relevant to you. We do this because we have a legitimate business interest in keeping you up to date with the materials, products and services we provide, making them relevant to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing information or withdraw your permission at any time just opt out as explained in the direct marketing material or by contacting Marketing@FreshStartDecorators.co.uk.
We’ll use your personal information to create aggregated and anonymised information. Nobody can identify you from that information and we’ll use it to:
• make sure our network is working properly and continuously improve and develop our network and products and services for our customers
• run management reporting, research and analytics, and to improve the business; and
• provide aggregated and anonymous reports
We use the following to generate aggregated and anonymised information.
• Your area
• Information about what you buy from us, how you ordered it and how you pay for it
• Information from other organisations who provide aggregated demographic information, data brokers, subcontractors and publicly available sources like the electoral roll and business directories
• Details of the products, materials and services you’ve bought and how they are used.
We have a legitimate interest in generating insights that will help the business understand for example the areas the majority of our work is generated and the quantity of certain materials used and what time of year.
This means Fresh Start Decorators:
• Maintain, develop and test our materials, products and services, to provide you with a better service.
• train our staff, subcontractors and suppliers to provide you with materials, products and services (but we make the information anonymous beforehand wherever possible)
• create a profile about you to better understand you as our customer
• share personal information within Fresh Start Decorators for administrative purposes, such as sharing contact details so we can get in touch with you; and
• run feedback surveys and market research about us
Fresh Start Decorators use the following information to do this.
• Your contact details
• Your payment and financial information
• Your communications with us, including feedback, emails, webchats and phone calls (any calls recorded will be made clear prior to being recorded)
• Details of the materials, products and services you’ve bought and how they are used
If we use this information for market research, training, testing, development purposes or to create a profile about you, we do so because it is in our legitimate business interests of running an efficient and effective business which can adapt to meet our customers’ needs.
We create a profile about you based on what you have ordered from us and how you use our products, services and materials we use. This helps us tailor the offers we share with you. You can ask us to stop profiling you for marketing purposes at any time just opt out by contacting Marketing@FreshStartDecorators.co.uk.
Before we provide you with materials, products or services, we may use personal information you have given us together with information we have collected from external sources such as credit reference agencies, company reports and profiles, electoral role, directories, or fraud prevention agencies. We use this information to manage our credit risk, and prevent and detect fraud and money laundering. We’ll also use these organisations to confirm your identity. We might also share the information with other organisations. We do this because it’s in our, and the organisations’, legitimate interests to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to check identities, to protect our business and to keep to laws that apply to us.
Details of the personal information that will be used include your name, address, company name if relevant, contact details, financial information, employment details if relevant.
If you don’t become one of our customers, we’ll still keep the result of these checks about you if we have a legal obligation and it’s in our legitimate interests to help prevent or detect fraud. Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal information for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your information can be held by us and the organisations we share it with for up to ten years.
If you give us false or inaccurate information which we identify as fraudulent, we’ll pass that on to fraud prevention agencies. We might also share it with law enforcement agencies, as may the agencies we have shared the information with.
If you tell us you’re associated with someone else financially (for example, by marriage or civil partnership), we’ll link your records together. So you must make sure you have their agreement to share information about them. The agencies we share the information with also link your records together and these links will stay on your and their files – unless you or your partner successfully asks the agency to break that link.
If we, a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, decide that you are a credit, fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services or financing you have asked for, or we may stop providing existing services to you.
The credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will keep a record of any fraud or money laundering risk and this may result in other organisations refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. If you have any questions about this, please get in touch with us using the contact details found in the 'How to contact us and further details' section below.
We may send credit reference and fraud prevention agencies information about you, and they keep that information. We might also give them details of your accounts and bills, including how you manage them. This includes telling them about your account balances, what you pay us and if you miss a payment (going back in the past, too). So if you don't pay your bills on time, credit reference agencies will record that. They, or a fraud prevention agency, might tell others doing similar checks – including organisations trying to trace you or recover money you owe them.
There are different credit reference agencies in the UK (for example, Callcredit, Equifax and Experian). Each one might hold different information about you. If you want to find out what information they have on you, they may charge you a small fee.
Whenever credit reference and fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area, they place contractual responsibilities on the organisation receiving it to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also make the organisation receiving the information subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ aimed at sharing information securely.
When we have been contacted a reasonable number of times by the same person without securing any sales of materials, products or services; it may be treated as a delusive contact and future correspondence treated appropriately with the company in house policies. Your details will be kept and flagged up on the system when future correspondence is made to ensure the companies operation and safety is priority. These details will include your name, address, contact phone number and email address including a description of previous correspondence made; and maybe kept for up to ten years or longer depending on the seriousness of the correspondence and repeated nature of it.
If you don’t pay your bills, we might ask a debt-recovery agency to collect what you owe or seek legal proceedings. We’ll give them information about you (such as your contact details) and your account (the amount of the debt) and all correspondences and agreements relating to the debt; and may choose to sell the debt to another organisation to allow us to receive the amount due (see clause 7.11 of our terms and conditions provided with estimates and quotes sent).
Fresh Start Decorators might have to release personal information about you to meet legal and regulatory obligations. Fresh Start Decorators will need to share your personal information with the emergency services if it is necessary to protect you, or another person, or us and because it is in our interests to help. For instance
In the event of an accident or incident that requires us to contact an ambulance we may need to share your name, address, phone number and any medical information we know of and possibly materials, products or services that have been used, supplied or carried out.
To meet Health and Safety legislation we may need to share the same personal information to HSE and/or RIDDOR if certain serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and specified dangerous occurrences (near misses).
The same information including your email address may need to be provided to the local council or governing body for application licenses (such as scaffolding permits, road closures). We may also need to share your personal information with our insurance providers for any claims or other related insurance purposes.
Fresh Start Decorators might have to share personal information about you to government and law-enforcement agencies, such as the police or hmrc.
They might ask for the following details.
• Your contact details. This includes your name, address, phone number, email address,
• Your communications with us, such as calls, emails and webchats
• Your payment and financial information
• Details of the materials, products and services you’ve bought
We’ll also share personal information about you where we have to legally share it with another person. That might be when a law says we have to share that information or because of a court order.
In limited circumstances, we may also share your information with other public authorities, even if we do not have to. However, we would need to be satisfied that a request for information is lawful and proportionate (in other words, appropriate to the request). And we would need appropriate assurances about security and how the information is used and how long it is kept.
We share your personal information sometimes with other companies such as sub-contractors (scaffolding companies, plumbers, electricians) to provide you with the services you require and expect. To make sure your personal information is protected, we request these companies to not share your personal information for any other purpose than that directly related to the service you are provided with or those set out in our privacy statement.
We also use other service providers to process personal information on our behalf. Details of how they handle your personal information are set out below.
We use other providers to carry out services on our behalf or to help us provide services to you.
We also use them to:
• provide customer-service, marketing, infrastructure and information-technology services;
• personalise our service and make it work better;
• process payment transactions;
• carry out fraud and credit checks and collect debts;
• analyse and improve the information we hold (including about your interactions with our service); and
• run surveys
Where we use another organisation in house, we still control your personal information. And we have strict controls in place to make sure it’s properly protected.
Finally, the section above describes the situations in which your personal information is shared to other organisations, government bodies and law-enforcement agencies. When we share your information with other organisations we’ll make sure it’s protected, as far as is reasonably possible.
If there’s a change (or expected change) in who owns us or any of our assets, we might share personal information to the new (or prospective) owner. If we do, they’ll have to keep it confidential.
We have strict security measures to protect your personal information. We check your identity when you get in touch with us prior to disclosing any of your information, and we follow our security procedures and apply suitable technical measures, such as encryption and internet security software, to protect your information.
Fresh Start Decorators keep:
• a summary copy of your bills for ten years from the date of the bill
• your contact details on file while you’re one of our customers, and for ten years after;
details relating to any dispute for ten years after it was closed
In other cases we’ll store personal information for the periods needed for the purposes for which the information was collected or for which it is to be further processed. And sometimes we’ll keep it for longer if we need to by law. Otherwise we delete it.
FAO JH / Fresh Start Decorators
73 Rock Road
If you want to make a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact our data protection officer who will investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are still not satisfied after our response or believe we are not using your personal information in line with the law, you also have the right to complain to the data-protection regulator for the UK, that’s the Information Commissioner -
We want to make sure that any personal information we hold about you is up to date.
So if you think your personal information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct or
remove it at no charge to you. Please contact us on 0798 376 1555 or email
Services@FreshStartDecorators.co.uk to do this.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018,
you have a right to know what personal information we hold about you.
If you'd like a copy of the information you are entitled to please write to
FAO JH / Fresh Start Decorators,
73 Rock Road,
clearly identifying yourself and the information you require. We may charge you £10 to
cover the cost of processing your request and supplying your information to you.
We will ask you to provide identification to ensure we do not disclose your information
to the wrong people.
If you opted in to receive direct marketing communication from us, you can always tell us that
you do not wish to receive them from us any longer and still have the option to opt in
again in the future. But remember, if you do not want us to get in touch, you may miss out on
valuable and exciting offers. If you would prefer not to receive direct marketing communications
from us, simply let us know at any time by contacting us on
writing to FAO: Marketing Fresh Start Decorators, 73 Rock Road, Olton, Solihull, B92 7LD
or by following the opt out instructions in the relevant communication.
Please note that this will not stop you from receiving service messages (commencement dates,
work updates) by text, email and the like. Please note that it may take up to 96 hours to process
your opt out request during normal business times not including times of closure such as
holidays and weekends.
Under GDPR Regulation you have the right to be forgotten (the right to erasure) this means
you can have your data deleted at any time if it's not relevant anymore -
i.e. if we are storing it and we no longer need it for the purpose we collected it.
If the data was collected under the consent model, you can withdraw this consent whenever you
like. You might do so because you object to how we are processing the information,
or simply don't want it collected anymore. We will also be responsible for telling other
organisations we have shared the information with to delete any links to copies of that data,
as well as the copies themselves. However any feedback you have left for the company on
third party sites or the like, will be the responsibility of your own and that data is not
controlled by us. Please note that this request is not absolute; certain data may still be
retained to comply with legal requirements, warranty purposes and/or financial record keeping